Facebook

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Courageous ?? Resolution?? Yes Please!!

It's really hard sometimes to figure out what's really important in life we say that we want to do things a certain way or accomplish certain goals but we are not usually willing to put forth the effort to actually do this. What does it take for greatness? What does it take to succeed ? are we willing to make sacrifices to reach these goals? Or are we to afraid to fail? Are we enjoying every bit of our lives or we just going along waiting for the next big thing? In other words are we really living or are we just going about our everyday lives missing out on those things that are really important?
My husband and I are doing the courageous bible study based on the movie with our Sunday school class. We got the resolution books to go along with the book from Sunday school and have agreed to do them together.
I think I will post about this journey to keep myself accountable and maybe to help others that may be going through similar things in their lives.

I have been guilty of discontentment. I really thought I was doing a good job with not complaining. What I didn't realize is complaining is only one symptom of discontentment and just because you may not have all the symptoms of an illness does not mean you are well.
Not being really thankful is a symptom.
Not having joy is a symptom.
Fear is a symptom.
Worry and so on. Everyone deals with issues differently. If you truly take the time to ask yourself am I happy? What would your answer be? I know that circumstances prove difficult to see past. I was asked in the book this week to make a list of things I need in life. Not wants but needs. Then in another column make a list of Gods provisions and how he meets those needs. I made the list and it was sobering, every basic human need is met daily by his grace for me. I don't thank Him enough.
It's a tough pill to swallow when you think your doing well at something just to realize that your not.
I'm human just like the rest of you but I as a Christian should hold my accountability more serious. I should be a good example. 
I am sure there will be many hard lessons but I feel like change is good so here we go. Your welcome to take the journey with me.
I know some may say this is a business blog what in the world does this have to do with business. Well pretty much EVERYTHING !
I feel this will impact my life in a positive way at home in marriage as a mother and as a small business owner.


Psalms 31:24 be of good courage, and He will strengthen your heart,all you that hope in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment