Facebook

Friday, August 17, 2012

Losing someone ...

This is a video of my Grandma talking about all kinds of things like how she met my grandfather and lots of other really cool stuff :)





I have posted about my grandmother in the recent past and the last post was about her declining in health.
I can't convey the depth of my sadness.
She passed away August 9th at 3:19 in the afternoon. I have never been with someone when they died and it was very hard. She had a rough morning and she seemed to be in pain. We called the nurse at around 7am to let them know what was happening and they came right over. She was really fighting something hard. We couldn't understand much of what she said. The nurse said that she was allot weaker and she may have days left. It was a struggle for my husband and I because the two days prior she had said go about your normal business "Im not going to die today" . Then that day I asked her how she felt and she said I'm going home today. She new in her heart that it was her last day here. I didn't know. I stayed with her and she couldn't seem to get comfortable. The nurses finally where able to get her where she could sleep. She then seemed more peaceful .

You see she had told me several things she wanted to happen before she died. She wanted to talk to everyone that may be there. She wanted to die peacefully in her sleep and she wanted me to hold her hand when she was dying.
That morning she talked to allot of her family that had already passed away and she went to town with my grandpa for lunch and she talked to Joe and I though we couldn't understand much. Then she went to sleep peacefully and when she took her last breath I was holding her hand.
She was a strong Christian lady and God honored her wishes. This has been a very difficult week and I am not sure how to get back to life without her. I miss her so much. My mind is all over the place. I can honestly say I loved her and took care of her the best I could .
I know I couldn't have done any of this without my husband Joe he was there through all of it the ups and downs the emotional roller coaster ride our life has been on over the last couple of months it has been very tough. I appreciate him more than he will ever know.
Also my family. My cousin Jonathan and his wife where there for us when we needed them the most and we will never be able to thank them enough for taking such good care of our boys during all of this. They are a true blessing.

Also my grandmothers closest friends Mrs. Dot and Mrs Vicky and Mrs.Helen and Mrs Anne they are all family and friends to us and we appreciate them so much.

Please continue to pray for my family and I as we try to adjust to all of this. The kids are coping very well and they start school next week. 

Thanks for all the prayers calls and notes! 


Here are a few pictures of one of the most special ladies I have ever known.















No comments:

Post a Comment